Three Blonde Musketeers Pea Soup
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 17 oz/0.5 kg of fresh or frozen peas
- 3 potatoes (more to thicken), cubed
- 12 c water
- 2 tsp Vegeta seasoning (or similar product)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a frying pan. Add the finely chopped onions and garlic, and cook until golden brown. In a large pot (at least 4 quarts) bring 12 cups of water to a boil. Add the potatoes, peas, Vegeta seasoning, salt, and pepper. Leave to boil until potatoes and peas are cooked. When complete, combine all ingredients into a hand blender, and blend until the mixture is consistent. Serves six to eight.
You can also make a broccoli version of the soup – just use broccoli instead of peas.
A special thanks to our dear friend, Daniel Stupavsky, and his mother, Viera Stupavska, for providing us with this recipe.