Spicy Cannellini Dip
- 1/2 medium onion, finely diced
- 2 cans (15 oz/400 g each) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro/coriander, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp cottage cheese
- 1/2 c water
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 pinches chilli powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp hot pepper sauce
- freshly squeezed lemon, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
In a medium saucepan, heat 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil. Add finely diced onions, and cook until golden brown. Pour drained cannellini beans into saucepan, and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
Remove mixture from saucepan and pour into a blender. Add cilantro/coriander, cottage cheese, water, chilli powder, garlic, pepper sauce, lemon, and salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until cool. Serve as a dip or spread.
Serves 12, as an appetizer.